554 Words.

Shalom my friends!

It is I, the surviving optimist, back to share my mind with you all.  Needless to say, it’s been a while… but that is no matter.  I am here now, ready to write about who knows what.  I’ll catch you up just a little bit.

First things first.  Mary Margaret and I are getting married!!!

Okay, chances are, if you are reading this, you already knew that.  Either way, I am extremely giddy and thrilled to be on this journey with my best friend.  We are loving the ride of being engaged, talking about our big day, and our entire lives afterwards.  There have been stresses, there have been difficult decisions, but in the end, it’s the best time of our lives and we couldn’t be happier.

Fun fact: Today marks 2 years and 7 months of going steady together! Aww yeah!*

And from here on out, this post is going to be a bit all over the place. You’ve been warned (but if you know me in any capacity…you’ve probably come to realize this tendency already).

I am currently sitting on my couch with some funky tunes going while sipping on some loose leaf (My Morning Mate blend) as I try to start my free day off right.  There is no school or work for me today.  If I wanted to stay on this couch all day, I could. No one could stop me, except my bladder.  But alas, I don’t want to do that.  I want to have some fun.  Free days do not come often.  Do you remember those days in Highschool when you thought you were busy? I thought I was a busy man working 20 hours at Fazoli’s and with my heavy load of art assignments.  But really, I mostly just hung out.  I had so much free time.  I never realized it, of course, but now I wish I had that back.  I wonder if I will look back on my time now when I am forty, happily married, father to many children and many dogs.  Will I look back and say, “My, I surely had a lot of free time when I was a young buck.” Probably. But life will be amazing spending it with those I love.

Shortly after our engagement, I told Mary that there was only one thing I needed to do as a “single man” before we get married.  That thing? Try and grow a beard.  My friends, that time is now.  We had our engagement photos taken last weekend (!!!!!!!!!!!) and now it’s time to see what this peach fuzz is made of.  I am already aware of my 82% chance of failure at this exploration, but I choose to focus on the 18% chance that my beard might be awesome.  As many of you know, I am a huge fan of beards.  Who knows? Maybe my beard will be so legendary that I will never shave again. How does that sound, Mary Margaret? 😉

Wish me luck.

In other news, a semi-new favorite band of mine is The Head And The Heart. Check them out.

I don’t really know what else to say.  Getting back into this blogging thing is hard, alright? Don’t worry, the next post will be better. I’m rusty. and I’m Kevin. Thanks for reading.

-kfs

*You know, which is nice. 😀

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s